Save water? Why? Ummm…. why not?
- Saves Money (well that’s a “no-brainer”)
- 97% of the water on earth is Salt water-not suitable for drinking
- Only 3% of water on Earth is fresh water, and only 0.5% is available for drinking.
- The other 2.5% of fresh water is locked in ice caps, glaciers, the atmosphere, soil, or under the earth’s surface, or is too polluted for consumption.
- Minimize water shortages/droughts
- Preserves the environment (Reduces the energy required to process and deliver it to homes, businesses, farms, and communities, which, in turn, helps to reduce pollution and conserve fuel resources.)
- Safer communities— think of everyone if the safety industries that NEED clean water. Firefighters, hospitals, Drain cleaners, Plumbers, gas stations, street cleaners, health clubs, gyms, and restaurants all require large amounts of water to provide services to the community. Reducing our usage of water now means that these services can continue to be provided.